Mark Mobius, a seasoned investor and co-founder of Mobius Capital Partners warned against buying the dip amid high volatility in Bitcoin’s price. A meltdown in the cryptocurrency market could take the Bitcoin price dip to as low as $10,000 in near future, he was quoted as saying by Financial News.
The Bitcoin price has been hovering around the $30,000 mark in the last few days, having suffered huge losses in the range of 25% in the space of three days. The recent collapse of Terra’s UST stablecoin had a devastating effect on the markets, including Bitcoin and a majority of altcoins.
While there is a widespread debate on whether the asset price bottomed out already, it crossed the $30,000 mark on Friday. The high volatility is leading to debates over Bitcoin price dip and its likely occurence.
Warnings On Bitcoin Dip
Peter Schiff, the CEO and chief global strategist of Euro Pacific Capital Inc., had also warned about a deeper bottom level. He recently warned investors in a tweet:
“Don’t make the mistake of thinking Bitcoin’s rally back above $30K indicates that a bottom is in. It’s likely this area is no longer support, but resistance. New support is much lower down.”
A strong proponent of gold and long-time Bitcoin skeptic, Shiff had in January this year predicted panic selling of Bitcoin. He predicted that the market would enter a panic selling phase once Bitcoin price breaks below $30,000.
‘Extreme’ Crypto Fear
Meanwhile, the Crypto Fear and Greed Index fell to an ‘extreme fear’ level of 9 on Saturday, after recording a value of 10 on Friday. As of writing, the Bitcoin price was trading at $29,475.57, according to CoinMarketCap. The current price is nowhere close to last week’s Bitcoin price levels of around $40,000.
On the flip side, noted traders like Michaël van de Poppe believe the Bitcoin price could reclaim the $34,000 level if it tests $32,500. The possibility of an upside above $32,500 is indicated by several bullish factors.
- LUNA Price Jumps 1500%, Time To Buy Or Another Trap?
- Terra Founder Proposes Revival Plan But LUNA 2.0 Shall Be An Uphill Task, Here’s Why
- Just-In: Circle Mints 8.4 Billion USDC Within 7 Days, Why?
- Buy The Dip? Whales Add $1.2 Bln Bitcoin As Price Falls Below $30K
- Just In: Tron’s New Addition Takes Stablecoin Supply Beyond $1 Billion
- Just-In: BAYC Votes For “Ape Drops” NFT Marketplace; What’s Next?
- Investors Warn On Bitcoin Dip, Here’s What They Say
- Not Just UST; Terra Crash Hits These Cryptos Hard
- Another Fantom Hack? FTM Slumps 15% After DEX Attack
- VanEck and 21Shares Suspend Their Terra ETPs After Recent Collapse
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?
- MANA Price May Tumble By 42%; Here’s Why
- BTC Price Consolidates Below $30,000; Is $34,000 Feasible From Here?
- XRP Price Prediction 2022-2027 : Will The Ripple Come out of the SEC Case ?
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Approaches $0.50; Is Bounce Back Feasible?
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Declining trendline Prevents DOT Price Recovery
- FTM Price Analysis: Retest to Channel Support Hints at Bullish Recovery
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA price Jumps 57%; Bulls Target $1.50 Next?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Is $2,500 On The Way Amid RSI Bullish Divergence?
- GALA Price Analysis: $0.075 Fakeout Triggers A Potential Recovery